2016-07-04

How to become a better eLearning Designer


One of the unique aspects of the e-learning industry is how often it changes and how quickly you have to adapt to that change. Regardless of your background, education, or professional experience, becoming a better e-learning designer requires a willingness to learn new things.

In recent free webinar on the 10 Lessons Learned My First Year in E-Learning, I talked about my realization that the field of e-learning is so much more than just the practice of instructional design. Becoming a better e-learning designer required me to learn the subtlety of graphic design, the art of visual communications, the technical aspects of user interface design, and much more! Instructional design was just one piece of a larger skillset that I needed to master.